Saturday, January 01, 2005

"Fairways are overrated,"

quipped David Duval is response to his partner, Kevin Erickson's, statement "At least one of us is in the fairway."

I almost snorted onion dip out my nose I was so surprised by his answer.

I moaned and rolled my eyes as David's first tee shot landed in the rough, actually in the trees. Kevin's shot was a nice lie, right where it belonged for a tour pro. Only Kevin's main tour is the Special Olympics.

It was great seeing David, his father, Bob, and these 2 young men for an hour today on CBS during a special feature,"A Tee Time Like No Other: A Story of Family, Skill, Friendship and Courage."

A good time was had by all.

Hopefully I will be seeing a lot more of David this year. I have missed him.

And if he's miked I won't be eating or drinking anything.

Link

posted by Musey @ 10:00 PM   2 comments

2 Comments:

At Sun Jan 02, 01:19:00 AM CST, Blogger Riddle My Phantasms said...

Great lil golf story. Is it true? I have a friend who went to HS with Duval and said he was a nice hippie stoner golfer, which if you subscribe to the Bill Murray rule of just rip it, then Duval is one to root for.

Write on.

http://www.lost-in-translation.com/intro.html
(on a bill murray note...this is good)

-T.R.

 
At Sun Jan 02, 01:45:00 AM CST, Blogger Musey said...

Yes, Tristan it is a true story. The link is now highlighted on "A Tee Time Like No Other" ...

Aired on CBS today at 4pm EST.

I may not have had the link up when you found my site as I had been playing with the html for quite awhile. I ended up changing the time posted as well.

Thanks for commenting and for the Bill Murray link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home