Thursday, January 20, 2005

Tom Tops in Buick Invitational's First Round

Tom Lehman on top, with a 10 under,..., playing the easier North Course of Torrey Pines, home of The Buick Invitational.

David Duval took a walk while swinging his clubs on the much harder, really, everybody says so, South Course today. Hopefully he will play golf on the North Course tomorrow. I would like to see him playing this weekend. Looking mighty fine in this picture captured today.

Dick Mast
flew in from The SONY OPEN in Hawaii, arriving 20 minutes before his tee time, to shoot a 65 on Monday. Qualifying for his 2nd PGA TOUR start in 2005. Playing the North course today, sticking an EVEN on his first round, tied for 89th. Rest Well, South Course tomorrow.

John Daly
, 2004 winner of The Buick Invitational, was so incredibly close to an Ace on the South Course's 17th. Soooo very close. The par 3, 172 yard hole was assaulted by John's ball with a bam, a magnetic roll to the hole, and a spin around the pin,but it would not drop in. Darn it.

That is Musey's Shot of the Day. John finished with another birdie on the 18th, Even, tied for 89th

Best Dressed goes to Phil Mickelson, in a California tangerine shirt topping classic black pants. Very crisp. Very cool looking while posting an EVEN in this first round, tied for 89th.

Phil edged out Ian Poulter for the honors because of that orange belt holding up Ian's black trousers.

Actually I couldn't get the imagine out of my head of a woman starting to undo Ian's belt only to collapse in a fit of uncontrollable giggles. I even tried concentrating on the blocked designs on his clementine juicy shirt. Didn't work.

Was that TMI? Or did you learn something? Belts should match your shoes. Unless your shoes are Orange, or Blue, or... Good grief now I am back to Gator Colors.

Time for Chocolate, I believe. Oh and Ian managed a 1 under round despite his belt... tied for 64th and you thought I was going to say 89th didn't you?



posted by Musey @ 7:43 PM   5 comments

5 Comments:

At Thu Jan 20, 10:29:00 PM CST, Blogger jag said...

Best Dressed goes to Phil Mickelson, in a California tangerine shirt topping classic black pants.I'm going to have to disagree. My pick for best dressed is (and not a big surprise, especially if you know me -- and considering the lack of color on Freddy Jacobson) Aaron Baddeley. It's a pity Getty doesn't have any pictures of him. He was in gray and blue (no pink, which is sad). Of course, as with Freddy and Bill, I might be a bit biased, as Aaron rounds out my top three favorite golfers.

 
At Fri Jan 21, 11:10:00 AM CST, Blogger A WALK IN THE PARK said...

Go double D! We love you david....where can we buy a hat like the one you once wore that said "Blah blah blah?" Seriously, if Ernie and David were tied going in to thew final hole of the Open, I'd have to root for a tie!

 
At Sat Jan 22, 02:35:00 PM CST, Blogger Musey said...

Sarah, Aaron is a Hottie. But, gray usually doesn't do a thing for me.

However, I would suspect that Aaron could don a garbage bag and you would think him best dressed. :)

I choose based on the first... oh nice, like that, then compare the rest from there on.

I must have been craving an orange popsicle or something.

Although Luke Donald was wearing a soft, lime sherbert, green shirt, that sure came close to taking my mind off of orange.

Thanks for commenting. Keep 'em coming.

 
At Sat Jan 22, 02:41:00 PM CST, Blogger Musey said...

Hi Jay,

you can have a golf/ball cap made to say whatever you want at many outlets. A friend used to wear one the read DIIK then in little letters... damn if i know. Odd it was.

I would cheer for both of them. Shout Woo-HA for the winner and groan for the other. They are all winners in my book. They just have to keep that card.

 
At Sat Jan 22, 09:52:00 PM CST, Blogger jag said...

I liked Luke's shirt, but his was nearly the same color as Freddy's and, from a distance, I kept getting them confused!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home