Friday, January 21, 2005

June Gloom in January

June Gloom is an occurance of the fog rolling in off the ocean in June, not January. However, roll in it did to call a weather delay in the second round of the PGA TOUR Buick Invitational.

Second round to resume early Saturday morning. Gloom permiting.

Tom Lehman holds the top of the Leaderboard, with a 15 under par.

Several players were in contention for Best Dressed. Those being Shigeki Maruyama for his choice of crisp black shirt with white piping details on top of white slacks. I would really like to know where he gets his golf shirts. Anyone have any ideas?

The next player I noticed was Woody Austin, in Lehman's threesome, sporting a panaromic scenery looking shirt, but then I spied the winner.

One of Sarah's, a regular commenter here, favorite players Aaron Baddeley caught my eye. Oh. My. Yes. He did look good today. And the blonde he had his arm around thought so as well.

Best Dressed goes to Aaron wearing a white mock tee, with a light blue blocked detail across his chest, topping white slacks, held up with a white belt. Very well done. Wonder if the blond helped him get dressed, err, choose his attire?

Musey's Shot of the Day: Delayed by weather, probably permanently for this round.

Several I would like to see on the weekend will not be playing. Darn.

Thanks for the pictures that are coming in. Jay, writer of A Walk in the Park, sent me one featuring a GIANT... so if you have pics taken with other sports figures that is fine, too.

If you have your group pic from playing in a Pro Am, I would post that as well.



posted by Musey @ 11:52 PM   5 comments

5 Comments:

At Sat Jan 22, 09:56:00 PM CST, Blogger jag said...

I haven't have a chance to see yesterday's or today's rounds -- but I have them (or, at least a bit of whatever they showed on Friday) on tape -- yes, I am that kind of girl. I look forward to watching my tapes, plus tomorrow's round (in between football games, of course).

Aaron almost always looks good and he looked good before he started dating Richelle (why yes, I know too much!). Hopefully his golf game will improve, considering how poorly it was last year.

One of the reasons I enjoy the European Tour so much is that their boys know how to dress. I am, of course, a fan of the bright colors (take the fact that my favorite player is Freddy!). It's nice to see the PGA players wearing more colors.

 
At Mon Jan 24, 08:29:00 AM CST, Blogger Musey said...

Yes, alot of players are going for more color. Although there are still plenty wearing the traditional striped golfshirt. Nothing wrong with those at all.

I just like to see more color and the "HOTTIE" factor. No matter what their age. "HOTTIE" is not just reserved for the young guns.

 
At Mon Jan 24, 08:46:00 AM CST, Blogger jag said...

Although there are still plenty wearing the traditional striped golfshirt. Nothing wrong with those at all.I completely agree. I am rather fond of strips myself. Especially on a certain golfer's brother (that'd be Christian Donald, for those who don't know).

No matter what their age. "HOTTIE" is not just reserved for the young guns.Very true. And that applies throughout many sports, I think. Take cycling (oh, how I love that sport) for example, a few of the greats (ignoring, of course, Lance): le Francais Bernard Hinault, le Belge Eddy Merckx, l'Americain Lance Armstrong (US Postal/USA), et l'Espagnol Miguel Indurain (I have no idea why the caption is in French). They are not David Beckham by any means, but there's just something about them, you know?

 
At Mon Jan 24, 07:37:00 PM CST, Blogger Musey said...

Sarah, you are going to get me looking at cyclists aren't you? Is this a plot?

Thanks for the links. Great pictures.

You didn't mean Lance was not a HOTTIE did you?

He's one I know.

 
At Mon Jan 24, 07:55:00 PM CST, Blogger jag said...

People who talk to me for any length of time (especially IRL or, more often, on AIM) learn that I talk about sports more than half the time -- and mostly about cycling (although european football, american football and golf get discussed a lot as well). I've 'covernted' a few friends to loving those boys in lyrca, and I'm working on another at the moment. Okay, so none of it is on purpose, but still.

Lance is attractive, but I don't actually like him so that takes away from my ability to classify him as hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home