Sunday, January 23, 2005

Tiger Tames Torrey Again

Tiger Woods wins in a great round of ups and downs. Final Leaderboard for the PGA TOUR Buick Invitational shows Tiger with a 16 under.

Tiger started Sunday by finishing up his third round with 3 bogeys.

The players had a 25 minute break then it was back to work for the final eighteen. A brief fog delay ran the televised time on ABC over to ESPN. Thank goodness for that or I would have passed out trying to get my Tour Pass to work. What a finish this one was with Tiger ultimately on top.

Three is the number tied for second, 3 shots back. Although two of these held or shared the lead most of the round,Tom Lehman and Luke Donald.

Musey's Shot of the Day: Well this choice went back and forth so many times. Birdies, an almost Ace, bogeys... plenty of cheers and groans were made by me today.

But the heartbreaking bogey on 18th for Tom Lehman almost had me in tears. Instead of having 2nd place finish all to himself, he has to share with Luke and Charles Howell III. So Tom's Bogey on the 18th gets the nod. And a boo-boo kiss if it would help.

I was really hoping Tom would make it all the way. Darn it.

Best Dressed: Peter Lonard's choice of snazzy blue and white colored-blocked shirt. Luke Donald gets a nod for honorable mention for wearing Pink and Black.

Final Scores and Show Me the Money

Off to the desert for the star-studded Bob Hope Chysler Classic whichs plays for 5 days starting on Wednesday.

I don't think there will be fog delays this coming week. Do you?

Link

posted by Musey @ 8:52 PM   4 comments

4 Comments:

At Mon Jan 24, 12:38:00 AM CST, Blogger Erik J. Barzeski said...

The shot of the day had to be CHIII's eagle-turned-waterball on 18!

 
At Mon Jan 24, 07:25:00 AM CST, Blogger Musey said...

Oh yeah that was THE shot wasn't it. I couldn't believe it anymore than anyone else could. Caused quite an array of emotions in my house I'll tell you. I should have at least mentioned it, but I really wanted to see Boston Legal. :)

That would have been my first choice except for Tom's last putt for bogey. A $125-175,000 loss. Something like that to share 2nd.

Plus I had really wanted Tom to win.

 
At Mon Jan 24, 12:08:00 PM CST, Blogger John S. said...

That was a really crazy tournament all the way around - maybe the fog was driving people a little nuts. CHIII's bad bounce, Tiger's lucky fan on the last hole, Dean Wilson forgetting to sign his scorecard for the DQ, and Lehman choking on the last putt. More highs and lows than most tournaments.

 
At Mon Jan 24, 07:34:00 PM CST, Blogger Musey said...

John S., Thanks for the comment and the link on your blog.

This weekend is one example of what makes golf so fun to watch. Alot of people think golf on TV is boring. IMHO golf moves alot faster than football. :D

For me whenever it is LONG is when the TV affiliate that is airing the tourney that week. Spends all it's air time on 1 or 2 player, replaying there shots over and over instead of showing what the other players are doing.

I don't care if a player shoots an 85. Show me more. How many times did ABC show CWIII's eagle to the drink shot? Verus one of Tiger's.

Heck, if I blink, let alone go to the ladies room, I think Tiger just made the same shot again. Duh, till they say what hole. It was just bad due to the Marine effect this weekend, probably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home